Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New class -> Jake crying for the last 3 days

Jake has moved to a new class at school for kids older than 2. The school did transition him there slowly last week for half a day so he can get use to it but it didn't work too well. For the past 3 days, I've dropped him off into the new class and as soon as we enter the room, he puts his head on my shoulders and hugs me tight - very cute but sad. (I'm still carrying him into school - it's way faster than letting him walk and I still baby him.) So I stand there for 1-2 minutes - he would want to stay all day if it was up to him. I say "OK buddy, Daddy has to go to work..." while handing him to his new teacher which by the way are very nice. He screams "Daddy!", reaches for me and screams until his face turns red. I walk out quickly looking back and saying "Bye" - trying to look happy. I look through the glass door after exiting and he hasn't stopped crying, he only getting louder - I can hear him through the door.

The teachers say he is fine afterwards and he is getting better every day but it doesn't help the morning drop off/good-bye. Maybe I'm having a harder time with it then he is....

I know it will get better :(