Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jake: 2 months, 1 day

Weight: 10lbs, 12.5oz (25%)
Length: 23in (50%)
Head: 14.5in (25%)

Jake went to the doctor today for his 2 month check-up and everything looks good.

He's eating about 4oz of breastmilk every 3-4hrs, sometimes leaving an ounce and sometimes emptying the bottle completely. Dr. Leon told us that it's not always exact, so sometimes he may need more, so just follow his cues. He'll regulate himself, so we'll try to meet his needs better.

At his check-up, Jake got one oral (rotavirus) and 5 shots (Hep B-2nd shot, Polio, Hib, DTaP, Pneumo) of vaccinations. Since a couple of them may induce a slight fever, he's also taking 0.4mL of infant Tylenol three times today. That's a lot of shots, but he did really well and calmed down pretty quickly... thank goodness we have a little angel. :-)

As you can see, the busy morning exhausted him.

Next appointment: 4 month check-up

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH!!!! I am so glad he is doing so well! He sure is a sweety!

Amy said...

OK....now that I typed this I think it is sweetie...well, you get the point :)